Search This Blog

September 30, 2013

Evernote for anecdotal records

Evernote is a great tool to use for anecdotal records, especially if you have a smartphone!! I use a smartphone with the Evernote app to create digital notebooks for each student.  It is password protected both on Evernote and on my phone to protect student identities.  If I want to look up all of my anecdotal notes on a student's writing conventions, I search through his or her notebook for his/her name, writing, and conventions.  I would tag his anecdotal note with writing and conventions.  I would like it to a picture of his writing that showcased his ability to use a new type of convention.  This is a great way to quickly review data for creating small groups and sharing progress at parent conferences.

No comments:

Post a Comment