Search This Blog

September 16, 2009

Backgound Information


Why I want to teach


  • All children have the ability to learn. I want to help foster every child's desire to learn.

Why I want to use Technology while I teach

  • Technology is going in today's rapidly changing world. I want children to be exposed to technology to become comfortable with it, especially when they grow up. Technology can also be a great way to involve more children into lessons. For example, recording a child reading can be much more active than just reading aloud. Children can even make their own books on tape after they write creative stories!

Passions

  • Teaching and caring for children
  • Basketball, volleyball and throwing the javelin
  • Laughing loudly
  • Not getting enough sleep/overachieving on blog assignments
  • Staying physically fit

Favorite Animals

  • Penguins
  • Polar Bear
  • Bottlenose Dolphin
  • Commerson's Dolphin
  • Puffins
  • Common Murre
  • Bull Shark
  • Nurse Shark
  • Octopus
  • Rhinoceros
  • Manatee
  • Otter
  • Squirrel
  • Chipmunk
  • Hippopotamus
  • Eagle
  • Sting Rays
  • Shamu!!!

Hobbies

  • Crotcheting
  • Biking
  • Looking at waterfalls
  • Playing the guitar
  • Writing creative stories
  • Traveling

Favorite Foods and Drinks

  • Mushrooms
  • Steak
  • Shrimp
  • Pepperjack cheese
  • Banana Bread with Chocolate Chips
  • Guacamole
  • S'mores over a campfire
  • Dinner Rolls
  • Ravioli
  • Milk
  • Orange juice
  • Milkshakes
  • Water
  • Coffee
  • Tea
  • Apple Cider

Random Things I like

  • Stickers
  • Magnets
  • Laminating
  • Stars
  • Tea Parties
  • Making To-Do lists
  • Crossing things off of To-Do lists
  • Writing down random things I like onto blog posts
  • The Zone of Proximal Development
  • Tea Cups
  • Post-It Notes
  • Writing in Cursive

My Weird Habits

  • I like to stir my tea with a fork instead of a spoon
  • I write about my weird habits on the internet for everyone to see
  • I have to check multiple times before I go to bed to make sure my alarm is set correctly
  • I tuck my shoelaces into my shoes before I ride me bike

No comments:

Post a Comment